Well, the curtain has fallen on another successful MDMS production. Last weekend, we performed our final shows of 747 – and what a success it has been! We’ve had so much fun and so many audience members coming away from the performance tapping their toes and singing the songs. It’s been really great to see that ‘old school’ musicals still draw the crowds and are just as much fun as the newer shows.
This show has been the result of a lot of hard work from so many people, and while the cast and crew have all given ourselves a pat on the back for a job well done, MDMS would like to publicly thank the following people…
- To our wonderful production team – Ado, Vicki and Miranda – we thank you for your hard work and dedication in producing such an amazing show.
- To Ado, Chris, Sam, Rob, Kylie, Brad, George and everyone who helped with sets – they were amazing (with jazz hands) and a spectacular part of the show.
- To Linda ‘Fingers’ Neate…for generally being a tippety top rehearsal pianist.
- To Rod ‘Ice Coffee’ Hird – your generosity seemingly knows no bounds!
- To Laura, who has the crappest job, but is the biggest star (she’s our ticket secretary, for those playing along at home).
- To Sophia, Kel and Ames – what a nattily dressed cast we had!!
- To Phil and the sound peeps – Tori’s coconuts would not have been the same without you!
- To Ness and the lighting gang. You light up our lives. Literally.
- To all those MDMSers who did front of house; you show that audience where to go!
- To Steve, who not only produced the most amazing and random array of props, but whose fake bass playing skills defy description.
- The the Karralyka staff – cheers very much!
- To Mr David J Quinn…you are the Gavin D Andrew of the video world.
- To Kerryn ‘Stuie’s Sister’ Cresp, for making the cast look purty in the production photos.
- To Brad List. A God. Not THE God. Who is, like Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way.
- The dirty dirty backstage crew; who bumped, ground, flashed, kissed and Noah’s arked their way around the stage with a big bertha set. And who wore pants. Most of the time.
- To the cast – for being awesome, and the nicest bunch of people you could possibly meet – this cast has reminded a lot of us why amateur theatre is so much fun.
- The audience – for enjoying the show!
- To Jo Buckingham for everything…and Kelly Sherman for everything else. You two ladies have put in so much work and we appreciate it!!
There are so many more thank yous, but these are the main ones. We’ve had a great time with 747 and are now looking forward to Clue: The Musical in September.
To see the production photos, click here.